Friday, October 7, 2011

#12

In this chapter, Jack got tired of listening to Ralph so he split off into another tribe. The people who joined this tribe were Simon, Roger and several of the younger children. This left Piggy, Ralph, Sam and Eric alone to watch the fire. They soon realized that it is very difficult to keep a fire lit with four people so they let it remain unlit for a while. Jack went out hunting with his tribe and caught a mother pig. I thought it was very cruel to kill a mother pig although it was nice of him to share it with Ralph's tribe. They left the pig's head on a stick for the beast. I was confused at the end of the chapter because I wasn't really sure who the Lord of the Flies was and why it was suddenly talking to Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment